Sunday, March 21, 2010

Stupak announces deal on Health Care

The Weekly Standard is reporting that the leader of pro-life democrats, Bart Stupak, opposed to the present Health Care plan, seem to have found a way of accepting it: an Executive Order forbidding the use of federal funds for abortion. I have read the EO and am in no way persuaded that this helps the unborn simply because the director of HHS is asked to administer the provision. My guess is that she already thinks the present bill doesn't provide for abortion funding and this is what she will report back to the president. But I am way ahead of myself here and I shouldn't be so disrespectful of Stupak's own political smarts. I just decided to post this for its timeliness rather than its analysis. Which translated means, forgive any stupid thing I say.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/stupak-announces-deal-health-care

No comments:

Post a Comment