Thursday, March 21, 2013

Today on "Kresta in the Afternoon" - March 21, 2013

Talking about the "things that matter most" on Mar. 21

4:00 – Navigating the Interior Life: Spiritual Direction and the Journey to God
What is spiritual direction and my spiritual direction? What are my "blind spots" and how can I uncover them? What keeps me from all the spiritual riches Christ has for me? How can I better understand where I am in my spiritual progress? Daniel Burke's Navigating the Interior Life will give you the tools you need to understand how and why we grow and die in the spiritual life and what we can do about it.

5:00 – Still Point: Loss, Longing and Our Search for God
Franciscan University professor, popular speaker, and prolific author Regis Martin tells how the deaths of his mother and brother pushed him to revisit all he knew and felt about God and his own deepest desires--and how he came to reconcile the theology he teaches with the lived experience of faith. He narrates the crisis of faith he faced when his mother and brother died. Against this backdrop he explores the questions at the heart of all human longing: What does it mean to really be lost? What if God doesn't want us after all? What does Christ's cry from the cross say about human suffering? Why is it never hopeless to hope? Martin eloquently shows that it is at the still point that one encounters the mingling of past and future, grit and grace, man and God.

No comments:

Post a Comment