Wednesday, March 13, 2013

De Argentina a Roma – Bergoglio Elected Pope Francis I

Wednesday, March 13, 2013


Whispers in the Loggia:

The College of Cardinals have elected Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio, the 76 year-old Jesuit archbishop of Buenos Aires, who has taken the name of Pope Francis I.

By choosing the name of the founder of his community's traditional rivals, the 266th Roman pontiff – the first from the American continent, home to more than half of the 1.2 billion-member church – has signaled three things: his desire to be a force of unity in a polarized fold, a heart for the poor, and his intent to "repair God's house, which has fallen into ruin"... that is, to rebuild the church.

1 comment:

  1. I've been listening to Ave Maria Radio today. One person said that the election of this pope is the work of the Holy Spirit. Another person (Keith, I believe) said that the Lord played a role.

    I have a question. What happened to free will?

    ReplyDelete