Friday, October 19, 2012

Hillary Clinton ‘can’t stand whining’

Posted by Rachel Weiner on October 18, 2012 at 4:52 pm
Washington Post
Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton delivering a
speech in Lima, Peru. (Karel Navarro/Associated Press)
In an interview published in this month’s Marie Claire, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton discussed her future plans and her hatred of whiners.
“You know, I am not,” Clinton said when asked about running in 2016. ”I have been on this high wire of national and international politics and leadership for 20 years. … I really want to just have my own time back. I want to just be my own person. I’m looking forward to that.”
She added that she would be “up there cheering” for the first female president.
Asked about Anne-Marie Slaughter, who says she left her post as former director of policy planning at the State Department because she could not balance her job and her family, Clinton was less sunny.
“Some women are not comfortable working at the pace and intensity you have to work at in these jobs,” she said. ”I can’t stand whining,” she added. “I can’t stand the kind of paralysis that some people fall into because they’re not happy with the choices they’ve made. You live in a time when there are endless choices.”
At the same time, Clinton emphasized that she’s committed to workplaces becoming “more flexible and creative in enabling women to continue to do high-stress jobs while caring for not only children, but [also] aging parents.”
Read the whole interview here.

No comments:

Post a Comment