40 Days for Life / Day 1: Imagine the possibilities
As we begin this 40-day journey of prayer and fasting, peaceful vigil, and community outreach, imagine what God can do through YOU … in YOUR city.
In a NEW kickoff video, David Bereit — our national director — shares a touching (and rarely told) story that shows the powerful impact one person can make.
In the video, you’ll learn about one person — who was personally affected by abortion — who helped to launch the entire 40 Days for Life worldwide movement … and you’ll hear David share an inspiring account of the baby he met this weekend whose life was spared through one person participating in 40 Days for Life ... [more]
40 Days for Life runs through November 4 in 316 locations
Here's a quick rundown:
- 316 locations -- the most ever!
- 49 US states -- plus Washington, DC
- 7 Canadian provinces
- Australia, England, Spain and -- for the first time -- Uganda
- Many NEW cities ... 46 first-time campaigns
The full list of locations for the 40 Days for Life campaign has just been posted. Click on the site that is closest to where you live. You will be redirected to the web page for that local 40 Days for Life campaign. On that local web page, sign up with your name and e-mail address to get involved and help save lives!
Take the leap of faith and get involved with 40 Days for Life
Have you been to pray at a 40 Days for Life vigil yet? You may ask, “What do I do?” or “What sign should I bring?” The answer is simple; the only sign you really need to bring is yourself, for you represent God’s love.
Here's a video featuring 40 Days for Life national director David Bereit and campaign director Shawn Carney, who shared some thoughts at a recent pro-life gathering in Maryland.
What 40 Days for Life has witnessed (so far!)
There have now been ten coordinated 40 Days for Life campaigns since 2007, mobilizing people of faith and conscience in 440 cities across the United States and Canada, plus cities in Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Belize, Denmark, England, Georgia, Germany, Ireland, Northern Ireland, Poland, Puerto Rico and Spain.
During these unified efforts, participants witnessed countless blessings from God:
- 1,894 individual campaigns have taken place in 440 cities
- More than 525,000 have joined together in an historic display of unity to pray and fast for an end to abortion
- More than 15,000 church congregations have participated in the 40 Days for Life campaigns
- Reports document 5,928 lives that have been spared from abortion — and those are just the ones we know about
- 69 abortion workers have quit their jobs and walked away from the abortion industry
- 24 abortion facilities completely shut down following local 40 Days for Life campaigns
- Hundreds of women and men have been spared from the tragic effects of abortion, including a lifetime of regrets
- More than 2,100 news stories have been featured in newspapers, magazines, radio shows and TV programs from coast to coast ... and overseas
- Many people with past abortion experiences have stepped forward to begin post-abortion healing and recovery
After so many years of legalized abortion, many people of faith are experiencing a renewed sense of HOPE!