Friday, July 31, 2009

Florida Quarterback Tebow Leaves Reporters Speechless: "Yes I am" Saving Myself for Marriage

Last week Florida Gators Quarterback Tim Tebow's photo may have graced the cover of Sports Illustrated, the same magazine that is best known for its annual "swimsuit issue," but the contrast between the two cover stories couldn't have been more glaring.

At 21 years of age and graced with boyish good looks, Tebow is one of the most talked about rising stars of the NCAA; but the football superstar literally left reporters speechless last week when he answered a question during a press conference about whether or not he is "saving himself" for marriage.

Click here to read more, including how he is grateful that his mother's story of chosing life form him has helped women choose not to have an abortion.


1 comment:

  1. Since I'm not a sports fan anymore, I wasn't familiar with Tim Tebow. I found this Wikipedia entry on him, and I'm impressed. I'm a fan of home schooling, and he can only help the movement.

    I can't make out much of what is being said in the video, but it's clear that Tebow has no problem graciously taking on those press clowns. I like him.

    I think he laughs at the question "Are you saving yourself for marriage?" because it's a notion usually applied to women. All the laughing shows how cynical people have become toward chastity. And why not?

    When Clinton had his affair with Lewinsky we also learned about his self-righteous enemies: Henry Hyde, Dan Burton, Bob Livingston, Bob Barr and Helen Chenoweth. Later we learned about Newt Gingrich's affairs, one of which was concurrent with Clinton's. More recently we have John Ensign and Mark Sanford. And this is true: when I was a kid growing up in Orange County, California, I said the Rosary at John Schmitz's house. You may or may not know him as the father of Mary Kay Letourneau. It turns out that John had another family on the side. And don't get me started on all the church scandals.

    I hope Tim Tebow succeeds where so many others have failed.

    ReplyDelete