Friday, January 4, 2013

Photo of Baby Reaching Out From Womb During C-Section Goes Viral

by Steven Ertelt | Phoenix, AZ | LifeNews.com | 1/2/13 2:10 PM

A new photo of a baby reaching out of the womb and holding a doctor’s finger during a Caesarian section delivery has gone viral and is being passed around Facebook by tens of thousands of people.
A Phoenix-area couple took the picture during the delivery of Nevaeh — Heaven spelled backward — and a local news report says even the physician and hospital nursing staff were surprised by what unfolded.
“It was such an amazing photo. [Hospital staff] had possibly heard of it happening but they had never seen a photo of it,” said Alicia Atkins, Nevaeh’s mother.
Few lives will be as well documented as little Nevaeh’s. Her mother is a professional photographer who owns A Classic Pin-Up in Glendale. However, it was her dad, Randy, who snapped the picture.
“The doctor called me over and said, ‘Hey, she’s grabbing my finger.’ So I ran over there and just grabbed the shot and I was just in awe looking at it. It was such an amazing picture,” said Randy Atkins, adding that he was nervous about missing the precious and fleeting moment as he hurried to snap a picture.
Now, the picture has been liked and shared by thousands and the couple has offers to buy the photo, which they never intended to place online for public viewing.

“I can FINALLY share this!!!!” Alicia said on her Facebook page when posting the photo on December 26. “This was 10 weeks ago when I was having my c-section and
Dr. Sawyer broke my water and my daughter reached up out of my stomach and grabbed the Dr.’s finger and my hubby caught this special moment.”
“Truly amazing. I am in awe of this photo. Something to remember forever,” she adds. “Thank you for helping me deliver 3 of the most amazing wonderful gifts I could ever ask for. A Couple of miracle children. You are truly an amazing Dr. and couldn’t ask for a better one. I had this printed for my OBGYN on a canvas.”

No comments:

Post a Comment